Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Have you seen these awesome and intricate pop-up books? Robert Sabuda it a flippin' genius.

There are 3 in this series, but these are the 2 we have:

Encyclopedia Prehistorica Dinosaurs: The Definitive Pop-Up





and

Encyclopedia Prehistorica: Sharks and Other Sea Monsters




There is no way to describe how incredible these are. They are serious pop-up books. You as an adult will be amazed. Each book has over 30 pop-ups and I swear they are amazing.

These are top-shelf books, figuratively and literally. They are not for little hands or they will be ripped before you can blink an eye. But as a lap read, it kicks butt. Greyson actually screamed and laughed when I got to the page where the T-Rex jump right out at you and chomps its jaws.

While we're on the topic of rockin' pop-up books, I can't neglect to mention Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: A Pop-up Adaptation





Good god this is cool. Awesome collectible gift and let's be honest - any college student you know would love this one. (What? You know it's true, you goody-two-shoes!)

Have I said that these are awesome? They blow my mind. The biggest problem for you is that the library (if they even have copies) probably have ripped up ones. The bookstore likely has them plastic wrapped.

OMGOMGOMG! I just saw that there's a Wizard of Oz one, too!!!

Okay, I wish I had never looked at all the books he has because I will now be even more broke than I am now.

Totally worth it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are awesome! I have a "ripper" even when I try to lap read but I could get them for myself, right?

cherish.photography said...

ewww...love it! Thanks for sharing!