Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pigeon

I have to start with one of my favorite children's authors, Mo Willems.

I absolutely ADORE the Pigeon books. I lovelovelove them and kids do, too. On April 1st, the new Pigeon book - The Pigeon Wants a Puppy - came out.





I feel like a total traitor for saying this, but (deep breath) I do not love it as much as the other Pigeon books. There, I said it...but it's still really good!! The thing that made me sad, I think, was that there was no double-page begging spread like there had been in the previous books. That was always my favorite part and the part where the kids really got into it. Why wouldn't they do it? Oh well.

I still say buy the book WITH all of the rest of the Pigeon books. NOW!

I feel like the word pigeon looks misspelled now after typing it so many times. Hmmm...
Here are the rest.

The funny thing about this website is that I don't really like to share it with the kids because the Pigeon has a specific voice. I find that children create their own voice for Pigeon. I have my own as well, and I was kind of bummed to hear what Mo must think he sounds like (Not like me? What was he thinking?).

As you can see, I am emotionally attached to Pigeon. You MUST read it with your children.

P.S. I will certainly be talking about Mo's other great books in time, but know that they are all really great - we are really digging on Elephant and Piggie around my house right now..

P.P.S. I had to look up how to spell pigeon, just in case...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i love your voice for the pigeon. :)